Braces for Adults in Ashburn and Woodbridge, VA
Adults tend to be highly motivated patients and our experience is that they are very compliant in wearing and caring for their appliances. Adults can see the same results as children and teens in terms of achieving a beautiful, straight smile.
The Benefits of Adult Orthodontic Treatment
Why NOW? It’s never too late to achieve the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always dreamed of.
You deserve the confidence and pride that come with having straight teeth and a great smile!
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
Types of Braces for Adults
While traditional metal braces are sometimes used for adults, our patients typically choose a more discreet, convenient orthodontic method. Options include clear or tooth-colored ceramic braces, Invisalign® clear aligners, or lingual braces, which are fixed to the inside of teeth and therefore invisible when you smile.
Today’s adults' orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and clear invisible trays that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Types of braces include:
The Difference Between Adult Orthodontics and Orthodontics for Children and Teens:
The jawbones of younger patients are still developing and can be redirected with some dentofacial orthopedic devices while the same bones in adults have stopped growing, which to align the jawbones may require orthognathic surgery to get the same result.
Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Schedule No-Obligation Consultation. Get Your Braces Journey Started.
Orthodontist Dr. Hessamfar will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate orthodontic treatment for adults and that your needs are met with understanding and utmost respect from us. He can also guide you through the decision-making process and will help you to choose the best type of braces for your exact needs.
American braces & Smile Center offers free complimentary orthodontic consultations.